Posts Tagged food
- 1 can refrigerated reduced fat crescent rolls
- 40 slices pepperoni
- 4 pieces of string cheese, cut in half (Low fat string cheese doesn’t melt well)
- garlic powder
- pizza/spaghetti sauce
|2||packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened|
|½||cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese|
|¼||cup canned chopped green chilies|
|¼||cup canned diced jalapeno peppers|
|1||cup shredded Parmesan cheese|
|½||cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs|
|Chips or buttery crackers|
In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients until blended; spread into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; top with bread crumbs. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 16 servings.
Spicy Chicken Tortilla Roll-Ups
Credit: Homemade by Holman
1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can Ro-tel diced tomatoes, drained
12 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tsp ancho chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp garlic salt (I like Lawry’s)
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
6 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
6-8 large flour tortillas
Season the chicken breasts with salt, half of the cumin, and 1 tsp of the chili powder. Add chicken to a skillet and add about 1 cup of water. Cover and cook on med-high heat until cooked through. Add more water if necessary. Once the chicken is cooked, cool slightly and shred with 2 forks.
In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, drained tomatoes, cheese, remaining spices, garlic, cilantro and scallions. Mix together until well-incorporated. Add cooled chicken and stir together.
Lay out tortillas and divide mixture evenly in the center of each. Spread into a thin layer leaving the edges clean. Roll each tortilla tightly. Do not fold in the ends like you would with a burrito but leave them free. Use a sharp knife to cut into 1″ thick slices and transfer to a serving platter. (The end pieces will likely unroll a little so just eat the extras). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 1 (6 ounce) package sliced pepperoni
- 1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 (10 1/8 ounce) packages Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Roll dough
- Take out the crescent rolls, and separate into the individual triangles.
- Flatten each triangle and slice it so that it becomes three small triangles.
- Dice pepperoni into very tiny pieces. (I use my Ninja)
- Add the pepperoni into the cream cheese, mixing well.
- Take a very small spoonful of cream cheese/pepperoni mixture and put it in the middle of one of the crescent rolls triangles.
- Pinch up all of the sides around the filling, rolling into a ball.
- Repeat and place them all on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for the amount of time stated on the crescent rolls (usually 10-13 minutes at 375°F).
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving!
- Add some Italian seasoning and serve w/ pizza sauce for Pizza White Trash Pockets.
- Add a little Mozzarella cheese for a gooier cheese center.
- try adding some black olives, and green onions!